Savvy Science

The thoughts of a rural science educator, trying her best to bring 21st century skills to her students.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Ohio eTech Adventure

Well, this year like every year finds me on Sunday night unable to sleep! Why? Because I am so incredibly excited to share with my fellow teachers of Ohio what we have been doing in class.  There is so much more that I could be doing (which is why I am so excited to learn as much as possibe from everyone else)  That being said.. I think I have stumble onto something really good.. and easy.. and life applicable.  So, I am sure that I should organize my links for my presentation in some format of ease.. which is the reason for this blog.  Here are the links that I used, and/or referred to within my presentation.  If you have any questions, suggestions or comments for me please feel free to email or tweet.

My email: n.gordon-coy@svlocal.org

The starting video: The Social Media Revolution is an excellent video to get people pumped about using social media.  Granted.. it is targeted for marketing.  But the way I look at it, education is a highly specialized for of marketing.  The link for that is Social Media Revolution  I have a student who, after seeing this.. said he felt that he had was in an African village where water had just been delivered... :)  I agree.. social media can be very revitalizing!

I don't think I need to list the twitter address, but for the sake of spelling it all out, just go to twitter.com and create an account. 

I'm not sure if I'll get the chance to talk much about google + but, here is a great quick video that explains the differences between facebook and google +  Google plus video

The main source of my presentation is the Ohio Farm Bureau's Social media Guide.  This frequently updated document has been a huge help to me as I learn my way through all of the different Social Media's out there.  OFBF SM Guide

I am looking forward to sharing and talking with you if you stop by! :) 3:45 Monday, Feb 13, 2012 Union B :)

No comments:

Post a Comment